Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An Astounding Illustration of Heaven

A wave of affliction causes the depiction of this prison to be much different than what it actually is.
Past decisions no longer affect my inner vision.
My spirit, slowly giving in…
I must not
Cannot
Will not allow it to die out
My prayer: undying dedication to the relation between want, desire, passion and action.
Remove my uncensored attraction to unworthiness and doubt.
Fill that void instead with motivation and drive.
Love is patient,
Love is kind.
It does not envy,
It does not boast,
It is not proud.*
It is the devotion for my people that teaches me how
To love
I will not wander about this place,
Wasting His grace,
His gifts,
Masking His face
Must allow it to shine through places that others have wasted
And remember the fulfillment of freedom
Because I had forgotten how it tasted.
Sweet
In small breaths, I smell it.
In moments, I’ve felt it.
Damn that feeling!
Always lasting,
Never passing,
Forgotten treasure
Seldom remembered
Until the absence of You provides the promise of never something better.
If ever again I get to enjoy your sacred places,
I promise to honor that, which is more than just as occasion,
But instead an astounding illustration of Heaven



*1 Corinthians 13:4

No comments:

Post a Comment